Senior API Developer - Mobility
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
You’re an expert level senior backend developer who’s passionate about crafting substantial experiences through well-engineered products. You are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team.
As a developer within TELUS Digital, you could be working on leading edge microservice APIs, supporting TELUS employees and growing our digital footprint - what you help build will be the underlying systems that help our team achieve better customer experiences. The services you will build will need to be both performant and resilient.
You will be a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other seek problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practices in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Make endpoints for frontend apps and other backend services to use / write wrappers for other API developers
- Ability to track the workflow whenever it's needed.
- Identify code problems, build solutions and complete code reviews with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Logging, error reporting and analytics.
- Reviewing accessibility as part of the development process.
- Collaborate with other teams to get technical requirements to develop a solution.
- Knowledge about database management and architecture.
- Understand what technologies other teams are using.
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions
- Familiar with Micro Service Architecture.
- Maintaining the best security, reliability and performance practices.
- Assist and rapidly test solutions for the team.
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- A passion for new technologies, you’ve kept up to date on top trends and love to bring new ideas to your team
- Experience in architecture of microservices
- Expertise in writing RESTful APIs
- Exceptional communication skills. You can relay complex ideas to impacted stakeholders
- Experience with incident management
- Experience using Node.js
- Familiarity with building and implementing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Comfortable working with SOAP APIs
- Familiarity with security and authentication standards such as OAuth & JWT
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Experience working with and applying software development practices
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with bash scripting
- Experience with serverless functions