Senior Digital Security Consultant
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Digital Security Consultant on our team, you will look to solidify our brand reputation by helping ensure that we build and maintain secure digital customer experiences. You will improve TELUS’ overall security posture through evolving our culture, processes and tools. You will be an ambassador to drive security awareness and fluency for TELUS Product Owners, delivery teams and stakeholders.
With a bias for prevention over remediation, you will mitigate risk through a variety of digital security methods and approaches for our customer facing digital footprint.
You will provide technical leadership, expert guidance, coordination and support to agile digital teams with a focus on promoting, assessing and maintaining secure-by-design principles and techniques in TELUS’ digital products. You will be responsible for the following:
- Helping evolve our secure software development practices for core TELUS web applications, both non-authenticated and authenticated experiences
- Supporting regular vulnerability assessment and remediation activities
- Enabling others to adopt/embrace sound security practices and standards to ensure TELUS' information assets are protected
- Supporting and reinforcing governance related risk acceptance methods and policies
- Improving our human firewall through a variety of security awareness and education methods
- Aligning with broader Chief Security Office strategy to keep our customers, team members and TELUS assets safe & secure
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 3-5 years of recent digital security experience with formal security certification; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT) or Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- 1-2 years of experience applying your craft in an agile delivery shop, Scrum & Kanban
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline
- Can apply Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) and modern network security practices in day-to-day activities
- High comfort level with technical navigation of digital systems, both the application & infrastructure layers
- Practical experience with threat detection/prevention, incident response, vulnerability management, threat modeling, risk management methodology, data de-identification and encryption standards
- Identify and interpret security design requirements and their benefits for technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Tendency to balance business and security needs to improve the customer experience, building and maintaining relationships through coaching, not policing
- Understanding of adversarial tactics, a penchant for curiosity, exploration and learning to stay current in your field
- Experience with enabling teams to practice sound data governance, i.e., for digital analytics
- Desire to collaborate, roll up your sleeves/be in the weeds, ideally, you don’t need anyone to code for you, comfort with Node.js/React
- Affinity for automating repetitive functions and a general dissatisfaction with traditional ways of doing things
- Awareness of regulatory factors governing our industry, i.e., privacy & Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?