Senior Developer - Platform Engineering
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Developer - Platform Engineering with TELUS Digital, you will be responsible for designing, building and running a suite of development acceleration tooling, which enables our many outcome teams at TELUS Digital to deliver value quickly and safely, and supports the Site Reliability Engineering team.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who help each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
We use a range of technologies to get the job done: Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, while our RESTful APIs are built with Node.js. Our front-end is developed with React/Styled Components on ES6. Quality is a primary concern and we test our applications at multiple levels with sophisticated build and release pipelines, supporting automation testers and Product Owners embedded within teams.
- Design scalable systems with performance and security in mind
- Dedicate time to mentor junior developers on the team
- Advocate the use of unit testing and test driven development to drive design and development
- Battle technical debt and avoid decision silos
- Work closely with your team to solve architectural challenges
- Work with product owners to support translating business deliverables into technical outcomes
- Adapt and influence the team to create the best outcome for not only the project but also for our customers
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Worked on clustering technologies (Kubernetes/Docker)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools (We use terraform and ansible)
- Proven Experience in building scalable production services, monitoring performance and CI/CD (we use Kibana, NewRelic and Jenkins for CI/CD)
- Experience with cloud providers (We use AWS EC2 and GCP)
- Experience designing and load-testing highly available systems
- Proven History of excelling in a team based collaborative environment including
- Experience in translating technical concepts and requirements for non-technical stakeholders
- Intermediate level knowledge of backend development including writing API services (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Experience leading and mentoring a team with best practices, evangelising solutions
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience using a managed Kubernetes platform (GKE/EKS)
- Some experience developing full stack applications
- Some experience and knowledge of SRE practice
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?