Senior Full Stack Developer - B2B/Mobility
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
As a Senior Developer for the Digital team, you will mentor junior team members and help build new features to enhance the overall chat experience for our customers. You will be responsible to roll out chat experience to new business unites and pages, work on code refactoring, and lead your team in shipping large-scale applications. You are a guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work.
As a software developer with TELUS Digital, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
You will be working as a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies.
- Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed.
- The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions.
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of development process.
- Knowledge about database management and architecture.
- Understand what technologies other teams are using.
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
- Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Demonstrable history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment.
- Strong team leadership skills (helping lead the team's work)
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- You also have strong interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly experienced knowledge of backend development (Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Expert level knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Highly skilled in React and Redux
- Proven experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Highly demonstrable knowledge in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GCP and/or AWS ecosystems.
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.