Senior Product Owner - B2B
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Product Owner on TELUS Digital’s Business-to-Business (B2B) team, you would be helping define outstanding experiences for our customers. You will help cultivate and build positive relationships with your team and partners to effectively prioritize and execute on business initiatives for our online properties. By handling and prioritizing a backlog of user stories you will drive customer value and help reduce customer effort. You’ll regularly refine and adjust your backlogs to reflect accurate scope, effort and priority as it becomes available from partners.This is a highly visible role, working closely with other product managers, marketing, design and IT teams across the business.
- Understand TELUS business priorities and expected outcomes
- Understand customer needs, be the voice of the customer and tell the Product Story
- Be responsible for the vision and prioritization of digital experiences in partnership with stakeholders to achieve the business outcomes (return on investment)
- Establish relationships and liaise with a diverse group of cross-functional partners within the organization; collaborate on interdependent roadmaps and technology investments to achieve mutual business outcomes
- Build organizational support and understanding of the strategic direction of the product
- Define tangible product roadmap-actively manage the product backlog and prioritize based on feedback and value
- Accountable for product critical metrics and to report progress, provide ongoing communication to partners on progress
- Handle expectations and remove business and roadmap impediments
- Own product research and measurements, drive optimizations
- Accountable for the product overall health of (security, accessibility, performance, etc)
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Has 6+ years of experience
- Has strong leadership and organizational transformation skills with the ability to guide team members.
- An independent thinker and self-starter; able to work effectively within a fast paced and changing environment while taking initiative and being proactive.
- Ability to deliver on product management plans, define user stories and achievements, prioritize user stories, assess risk, and monitor and facilitate progress throughout the product life cycle.
- Able to interpret the needs of the client and work to improve client satisfaction.
- Accountable for ensuring projects are delivered to budget and schedule.
- Excellent strategic analysis and thinking, with the knowhow to interpret data and generate innovative and unconventional solutions
- Education in marketing and/or communications
- Work experience in a Digital Marketing role
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Mentorship know-how to coach and develop junior product talent
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile and fully remote working options, as well as the opportunity to work from our local Toronto or Vancouver offices
- Focus on health & well-being
- Modern tools for collaboration
- Culture of learning & development
- We welcome curiosity and diverse perspectives
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.