Technical Lead - Digital Commerce
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, fullstack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
We value and continuously support organizations across Canada that are empowering people in our local communities with digital knowledge and skills.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
As a Technical Lead for the Digital Commerce team, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers. You will also mentor junior team members and help build new features to enhance the overall UI experience for our customers. You will be responsible for leading the team to work on code refactoring, you are an experienced, hands-on lead developer, who has led teams in shipping large-scale applications. You are a guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work.
As a Tech Lead at TELUS Digital, you will be collaborating with internal and external project teams to design, build and operate the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Maintain applications and ensure they are up to date and secure.
- Guide and implement Squad’s architectural “direction” within portfolio.
- Leading the mentorship and upskilling of more junior developers and being responsible for the delegation of mentorship within the team.
- Align with the team product owner with the roadmap planning for the team including
- Facilitating pair programming and developer day to day support.
- Coordinate and facilitate professional developer meetings across the tribe - coding exercises, jam sessions and playing with new technology
- Ability to prepare base for new projects for developers to work on
- Advise on technical feasibility, review visual design and work through technical implications with designers.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Confirmed history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment
- Experience mentoring junior team members, coordinating code quality and evangelizing standard methodologies
- Experience in translating technical concepts and requirements for non-technical partners
- Expert level knowledge of React, Redux and/or Context API, and high experience in client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest, React Testing Library and Cypress)
- Proven Experience crafting and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Proven Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Stackdriver, Google Cloud Platform, and Dynatrace)
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
- Experience contributing to or managing open source projects
- Experience in creating and socializing technology roadmaps
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Experience designing and load-testing highly available systems
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Micro-frontend architecture