Intermediate Cloud Data Engineer - Mobility
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most. TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app. Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts. Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital This is a full-time position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Cloud Data Engineer (Intermediate), you will join the Mobility Strategy and Analytics team and own the Google Cloud Platform requirements for the portfolio. You will continue to evolve and optimize our cloud setup, and will work with our analysts to deliver cloud solutions to meet reporting needs. You will work with large scales of data from various sources, and will be responsible for ETLs and finding solutions to get data in the format required by the analysts. As we mature with the Google Cloud Platform, we will move towards utilizing more machine learning algorithms to help make better predictions to help make better decisions. We are looking for an individual who loves to solve complex problems with knowledge of DOMO, Adobe Analytics, Google Cloud functionality, Python and SQL.
- Create, model and transform data in various formats and from several sources to allow data to be easier analyzed for faster decision making
- Build cloud functions and pipelines from various dataLakes, datasets and applications to ingest and transform data
- Monitor data quality and follow data best practices
- Minimize and fix any bugs that may occur on a daily basis
- Work with analysts and stakeholders to gather requirements for different projects that touch the Google Cloud Platform
- Use problem solving skills to identify deficiencies, and execute solutions to make functions more efficient
- Collaborate with data supply teams to refine solutions and remove roadblockers
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- You have Google Cloud Platform experience including working with Cloud functions, Cloud scheduler, Big Query, Airflow and Terraform
- Have 2+ years of working with cloud functions
- Familiar with the execution sequence of ETL Flows
- Interest and ability to learn new languages & technologies as needed
- Have strong Python and SQL skills
- Passionate about problem solving and finding the most efficient solutions
- Work well within a team
- Google Cloud Platform Certification
- You have worked with analytics teams in the past
- Have interest in data visualization
- Experience with machine learning best practices
- Familiarity with agile/scrum methodologies
About TELUS Digital:
- We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.