Senior Full-Stack Developer
Join our Team
You are an experienced, hands-on lead developer, who has led teams in shipping large-scale applications. You are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work.
As a software developer with TELUS Digital, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we will accomplish together
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Challenge, mentor and guide the team to implement best practices
- Advocate the use of unit testing and test driven development to drive design and development
- Implement & Advocate accessibility best practices (We believe in an accessible web for everyone)
- Champion documentation and knowledge sharing
- Battle technical debt and avoid decision silos
- Lead technical team members in an agile environment (we like Scrum, Kanban)
- Evaluate technology choices and rapidly test solutions
- Providing guidance to the business on ideal technical approaches and investment
- Work closely with the your team and platform teams to solve architectural challenges
- Identify and solve front-end development issues experienced by customers
- Ensure a cohesive experience across different browsers and devices
- Diagnose and evolve container-based build pipelines for your team
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- Expert level knowledge of backend development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Expert level knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Proven Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Proven Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Experience designing and load-testing highly available systems
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc)
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?