Intermediate Scrum Master - Mobility
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As an Intermediate Scrum Master in TELUS Digital’s Research & Learn team, you’ll be responsible for facilitating the product development process for 1-2 scrum teams. Your key drivers will be enabling scrum teams to meet their sprint goals by helping them coordinate their inputs and outputs, facilitating agile ceremonies, aiding in the removal of any impediments and buffering them from any distracting influences. You will employ Agile and Lean methodologies to support the continuous improvement efforts of our teams, as well as share your expertise and experiences with the broader Agile community at TELUS.
- Work across the TELUS Digital and organizational teams to enable organizational agility
- Facilitate agile meetings (standups, sprint planning, product backlog refinement, reviews, retrospectives, discovery workshops, story mapping, etc)
- Facilitate collaboration and problem-solving between cross-functional teams (e.g. scrum of scrums for multi-team projects)
- Set up, maintain, and continuously improve workflow processes which include pre-development work (design, UX, content, accessibility and SEO)
- Set up and maintain tools (configure and update JIRA, Confluence, etc, to support team performance and teamwork)
- Collect and report on team metrics to identify areas for improvement
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Have or pursuing Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
- 2-3 years of experience as Scrum Master working with an Agile mindset and principles (primarily, Scrum and Kanban)
- Working knowledge of Agile software development good-practices
- Detailed understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience with collaboratively reaching consensus on complex problems to maintain team / project momentum
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Promotes team member engagement and community-building
- Owns commitments made and proactively renegotiates / declines unachievable commitments
- When the situation calls for it, shows confidence / assertiveness when taking a position
- Approachable and willing to offer helpful solutions
- Experience with workflow automation
- Champions change and a learning mindset
- Enables teams to anticipate key risks and execute on risk-mitigation strategies
- Effectively communicate and coordinate across multiple project teams
- Experience working in complex, multi-project, multi-team, multi-stakeholder environments
- Experience with Lean, Lean Startup and Lean UX approaches
- Demonstrated passion for professional development
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.