Technical Project Manager
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be part of the team that create & evolve the software standards, tooling and practices within TELUS. To do this, you will leverage stakeholder feedback, data insights, customer research, and lead a team of developers to deliver on our vision.
Because we love our customers and we love our technology, we are evolving it, in full transparency! We do all of this in public to truly embrace our customer first principles.
- Prioritizing a backlog of user stories that will drive user value
- Collaborating with partners within TELUS Digital and across the company to ensure our team builds solutions which serve both customer and TELUS needs
- Having a healthy obsession looking for a “better way” to do things
- Write process docs, announcements & communications
- Help organize internal hackathons, pairing, and maintain adoption tracking
- Highly organized: can handle ambiguous ideas and help drive the team to a concrete plan
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Possess both a strong technical background which facilitates interaction with software development team and a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Known for your intellectual curiosity, grit, and a genuine passion for solving problems
- Constantly looking for a new insight and opportunities
- Able to zoom out and understand the bigger picture so we can make the biggest impact
- Skilled at managing and prioritizing a high-volume of work in a dynamic environment
- Recognized for clear communication, facilitation, and organizational skills
- You have a knack for building relationships with a wide variety of team members
- Familiar with Open Source and fostering community
- Expert in managing transformational change
- Understanding of digital landscape and customer trends
- Familiarity with communications or technology industries
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business/Marketing
About TELUS Digital:
We’re looking for team members who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Weekly lunches with an unending supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.