Sr Platform Manager - My TELUS
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, telus.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Sr Platform Manager for the My TELUS team you will help build new features to enhance the overall self-serve experience for our customers in managing their telecommunication services and providing the technical strategy to improve our process.
You will be responsible for engaging multiple stakeholders to determine how our evolving tools and platform enable our teams to deliver intuitive, responsive, and accessible experiences for our customers.
You are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work. You have the ability to build a community of practice, and rally team members towards a technology vision.
You will be working as a part of a friendly, cross-disciplinary agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies
- Work together with others and build solutions collaboratively
- Create technical documentation on new system or solution designs
- Review results of technical spikes and proof of concepts at the code level
- Incorporate accessibility as part of the development process
- Actively participate in the development of new tools to be used by our Digital teams
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions by breaking them down into architecture design patterns
- Engage with the Technology Review Board to represent My TELUS
- Identify places where automation could bring value to our process
- Promote a strong governance culture to avoid silos and lower technical debt
- Develop a keen understanding of our systems and architecture in order to optimize our development and operational overheads
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Experience leading a team of highly-skilled developers
- Strong team leadership skills and a passion for building a community of practice
- You also have strong interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly experienced knowledge of backend development (Node.js, Redis)
- Experience building RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Expert level knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Experience building web and mobile applications using web technologies (Reach Native)
- Highly skilled in React and Redux
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Proven experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Highly demonstrable knowledge in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes (we use OpenShift)
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience with GCP and/or AWS ecosystems.
- Experience working with design systems
- Demonstrated ability to design & build both REST and GraphQL APIs
- Strong understanding of application level and system level software design patterns
- You are recognized as a domain expert who is equally comfortable talking financial projections or business process modeling as you are advocating for Agile methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration practices to ensure application reliability
About TELUS Digital
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
- Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.