Visual Design Lead - Home Solutions
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for TELUS.com, TELUS.com/Business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You will be an advocate for customer-centric design, our digital standards and guidelines, and will be a lead for visual design quality across initiatives, small and large. You will be responsible for guiding a team of visual designers to create concepts in response to our brand story and supporting brand campaigns.
Being an advocate, you will also act as a key member of our enterprise-wide digital project governance program. You will champion our digital standards and guidelines by building relationships with various internal stakeholders, digital agencies, and vendors to guide consistent digital experiences.
You’ll report directly into the CX Manager of Home Solutions and work closely with the UX and Content leads across Telus digital.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Generate original visual executions that are exciting, creatively attractive and of the highest quality
- Work with the Art Director to establish appropriate creative directions and visual design standards
- Drive digital standards to team members
- Keep up-to-date with the newest standards and trends, and determine how to incorporate them into Telus Digital’s initiatives
- Design mood boards, prototypes, concept blueprints and other layouts
- Contribute to one on one sessions with team members and managers with skills and practice
- Shares best practices within guilds and brings back shared learnings from guilds to enable consistency (brand, designer expectations, process, work processes and Telus Design System)
- Skills coaching and advising on performance appraisals for team members (best positioned to reflect on technical skills and advise the manager)
- Advises and helps delegate backlog items across Home Solutions teams
- Advocate for data point related changes on behalf of the designers
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Hyper-focused on delivering great customer experiences aligned to business outcomes.
- Passionate about modern design practices and methodologies.
- You have the right finesse and diplomacy to challenge the status quo to ensure we do what’s right by our customer
- Well-versed in complete digital product development lifecycles, from planning through execution.
- Adept at working in a highly-collaborative, lean, agile environment.
- Well-versed in the interplay between business, technical and customer needs within the context of designing for the Web
- Highly detail oriented and organized, with exceptional analytical skills.
- Able to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
- Expert in Visual Design, Brand Standards, UI component design, with supporting UX knowledge in creating customer flows, wireframing and data analysis.
- Comfortable with industry standard design tool sets including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Google docs, InVision, and Figma… plus whiteboard, pen and paper.
- Knowledgeable of Web accessibility best practices and able to create accessible products.
- Knowledgeable with coding environments from simple (HTML, CSS and CMS) to complex (React)
- Agency and corporate experience
- Design system experience
- Enjoy a good laugh
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.