Senior Technology Architect
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time permanent position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As an Architect with TELUS Digital, you will be collaborating with internal and external project teams to guarantee that TELUS Digital’s systems are properly designed. You will work side-by-side with leaders and practitioners to scale leaner digital approaches to architecture within the wider TELUS organization.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As an advocate of customer trust, you will employ best practices in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Advocate test-driven development practices to drive design and development
- Advocate accessibility best practices (We believe in an accessible web for everyone)
- Champion documentation and knowledge sharing
- Challenge, mentor and guide developers to implement best practices
- Work with other Architects to define the roadmap and technical vision for our software platforms
- Lead the design of scalable software platforms with performance and security in mind
- Provide guidance to project teams in all phases of SDLC
- Assess and prioritize technology risks across TELUS
- Provide application architectural solutions to meet business requirements
- Establish and govern compliance with company policies and procedures for operational efficiency
- Analyze and troubleshoot architecture related issues in a timely fashion
- Assist Junior Architects with their assigned responsibilities when required
- Lead in developing architecture documents, functional specifications, design documents and architecture diagrams
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc.)
- Experience designing, building and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience in creating and socializing technology roadmaps
- Proven history of excelling in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- Experience in translating technical concepts and requirements for non-technical stakeholders
- Expert level knowledge of backend development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Expert level knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Expert level knowledge of React and Redux
- Proven Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Proven Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure and DevOps experience (AWS or GCP)
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.