Information Architecture Strategy Lead
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for TELUS.com, TELUS.com/Business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
As part of the Content Centre of Excellence (CoE), the Information Architecture (IA) Strategy Lead will be the most senior IA Practitioner at TELUS Digital. This role will be responsible for providing IA strategy for several large initiatives, but also responsible for scaling our IA practice by providing education, standards and self-serve resources to our teams.
Reporting to the Manager of the Content CoE, this role will champion scalable and automated content solutions and will establish a vision and multi-year roadmap for IA as a practice at TELUS. This role will ensure that IA is considered as we evolve our systems and roll out new tools and ways of working. This role will work towards the ultimate goal of scaling IA as a practice and improving the customer experience on TELUS web properties through improved findability, navigation, consistency and personalized experiences.
- Information Architecture
- Visualize IA and structured content models to communicate strategy, flows and hierarchies to internal and external business partners. Clearly demonstrate the value of IA recommendations and initiatives through tests, data and dollars.
- Partner with UX researchers to test your recommendations using card sorts, tree tests and other UX research methodologies.
- Improve UX across the site by partnering with our teams on project-based work aimed at improving navigation, findability and efficiency.
- Education & Thought Leadership
- Evangelize IA across our organization and tell the story of what IA can do.
- Define, document and communicate IA best practices and standards.
- Develop self-serve documents and tools to enable our teams to make informed IA and structured content decisions.
- Train and mentor our Content Practitioners on how they can do their part to design, maintain and govern content models.
- Content Workflow and Process Optimization:
- Identify inefficiencies and pain points in the content creation pipeline, make recommendations for improvement, and oversee implementation and change management of your recommendations.
- Partner with content and technology teams to determine immediate and long-term needs to support content management, publishing, and reuse.
- Work across teams and platforms to develop and maintain categories, taxonomies and metadata models
- Operationalizing Content
- Work with our technology teams to build out the next generation of our content ecosystem, unlocking new capabilities for onsite search and personalization.
- Identify opportunities and strategies for content reuse, reducing instances where multiple versions of content need to be maintained.
- Advocate for IA and structured content best practices that will improve capital and operational efficiencies and improve the content authoring experience.
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Systems Thinker with Headless CMS Experience: You have experience with complex content and data systems and are comfortable within enterprise sized headless CMS implementations like Contentful. You get excited about creating and maintaining common reusable content to be deployed across multiple channels.
- Autonomy and Ownership: You don’t wait for others to tell you what to do and want to make your mark through high-impact projects with significant visibility and capital investment.
- Strategic Thinking: You are comfortable authoring strategies that have an enterprise level of consideration and are able to use data and dollars to estimate the impact of your ideas.
- Leadership & Collaboration: You know how to lead, coach, motivate, empathize and collaborate with other SMEs and practitioners.
- Change Management & Communication: You drive change and adoption through clear communication and careful planning. You understand that different parts of the business have different needs and you engage with our business partners with empathy.
- Research & Testing: Experience working with UX Researchers and personalization tools to test and validate ideas and strategies.
- Cross Functional & Remote-First: You are comfortable working across multiple teams in a remote-first working environment. You know how to build strong relationships and partnerships with key players by networking and collaboration.
- 5+ years of experience developing and executing IA strategies for enterprise sized organizations, preferably as an in-house IA.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Library Studies, Information Science, Library Science, or related field.
- Familiarity with agile/scrum methodologies and ways of working.