Senior Business Systems Analyst - Mobility
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We’re looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst, familiar with working in an Agile/ Lean environment to help deliver digital experiences for Mobility Commerce TELUS products. You will be responsible for detailing and maintaining all requirements received from product owners, the development team and supporting teams. You will evaluate information captured from various sources, reconcile conflicts of information, break down high-level information into details, and clarify details for the team to understand how to define an efficient solution for TELUS Customers.
- Act as a consultant for projects through inception to implementation, while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong ability to translate business needs into business requirements, technical requirements and functional requirements
- Active participation in creative and design sessions, workshops, research, analysis, documentation, current business policies, operations, data structures and application systems relative to projects
- Understand how complex legacy systems can work with modern technologies (Angular, CMS platforms, etc.)
- Develop in depth knowledge of applications and their interdependencies
- Experience with all stages of the Project Life Cycle including Requirement Gathering and Analysis, Testing, Deployment, Maintenance and Support
- Collaborate and maintain close relationships with product owners, IT, business units, stakeholders within the organization to solve problems and deliver solutions
- Manage product support bugs & enhancements as they arise
- Accountable for product quality
- Undertake QA testing and help streamline existing processes to improve efficiency
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 3 to 5 years’ experience or more in working and managing the execution of digital projects
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent customer service skills and able to maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders
- Able to work successfully in a fast paced environment and respond to changing priorities
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Conceptual understanding of everything digital, website infrastructures and processes
- Business Analysis Certification
- Proficiency in the Unified Modelling Language
- Proficiency in API development and tools such as Postman
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.