Manager, Data Supply Chain
Join our team
TELUS Digital is a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most. We value and continuously support organizations across Canada that are empowering people in our local communities with digital knowledge and skills.
The Data Supply Chain team in TELUS Digital is responsible for delivering key data assets that enable us to drive commercial outcomes across the customer journey and through predictive models used in personalization.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As Manager, Data Supply Chain, you will lead a team of talented product owners & data engineers within TELUS Digital. You will support the team in key data assets solutions that improve customer experiences and generate commercial value across the Digital, CSE, and the enterprise. You will be accountable for the delivery of assets that lead to measurable results and you are expected to collaborate with your stakeholders across the organization.
You will report directly to the Director of the Data Analytics Platform team and work closely with other managers, technology principals within the portfolio to drive the strategy and evolution of our data platform.
This is a full-time permanent position.
What You will do
- Grow, develop and nurture our people
- Ensure team members have access to the tools, knowledge, and resources to do their jobs effectively and easily
- Support team members with goal setting and prioritization
- Act as a coach and mentor for Data Supply Chain team by providing guidance on career development
- Identify and address gaps in process, tools and resourcing that impact team performance
- Partner with People Experience team to help hire diverse talent and ensure new hires are provided with a positive onboarding experience
- Deliver solutions that contribute to commercial outcomes
- Set the vision and direction for projects and data assets which will enable business outcomes in the teams we partner with
- Collaborate with partner teams to deliver improved customer experiences and measurable success
- Communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders to promote better cooperation across teams
- Guide the evolution of our data analytics platform and practice
- Contribute to the analytics technology roadmap used to enable personalization at scale across digital touchpoints
- Define and enable the capabilities and integrations required to take action on data and insights derived from machine learning models
Your ideal profile includes
- People Management and Team Building: Extensive experience and demonstrated success as a people leader, with a proven track record of growing and developing teams
- Subject Matter Expertise Advanced Data practices: The ability to provide knowledge, expertise, and guidance to support the team with data asset creation
- Delivery Management: Proven success acting as a lead or manager for the agile delivery of work, coordinating with other streams and stakeholders
- Strategic Thinking & Change Management: Ability to connect the dots between the team and broader organizational context and manage change effectively within the team
- Leadership & Interpersonal Skills: The ability to champion, coach, motivate, and empathize with team members while partnering and building relationships with TELUS leadership
- Budget Management & Prioritization: Ability to effectively manage and operate team budgets and prioritize work effectively and efficiently across the team
- Experience in a data analytics leadership role within a digital agency or consulting firm
- Experience delivering and operating machine learning solutions in a large enterprise
- Experience in strategic and customer-focused roles, ideally within telecommunications or similar areas in the technology industry
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.