Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Scrum Master for TELUS Digital, you'll be responsible for facilitating the product development process within the B2B My TELUS team. Your key drivers will be enabling the product team to meet its objectives and timelines by helping to write user stories, and development tickets, and help the team coordinate their inputs and outputs. You will lead agile ceremonies, aid in the removal of impediments and buffer the team from distracting influences.
You will provide consistent communication and visibility into the project to our product owner and help manage risks to keep the project moving forward. You will employ agile and lean methodologies to support the continuous improvement efforts of our squads; your focus will be on driving outcomes for the team and helping communicate the status of those outcomes to the broader team.
- Facilitate and leading agile ceremonies (meetings, standups, sprint planning, retros)
- Consulting with Product Owner, and key stakeholders to gather business requirements to ensure tasks are ready for design and development
- Facilitate trouble-shooting meetings between cross functional teams
- Facilitate scrum of scrums for multi-team projects
- Work across the TELUS Digital and organizational teams to enable agile work styles
- Set up a workflow process and ensuring workflow or tools are provided for pre-development work (design, UX, content, accessibility and SEO)
- Configure and regularly update confluence
- Set up and maintain tools (configure and update Zapier, JIRA etc.)
- Report on team performance metrics by recording, tracking and monitoring timelines and tracking the team’s delivery
- Constantly look for ways to optimize team delivery flow by identifying and removing roadblocks that prevent the team from delivering
- Incorporating epics, themes, business problems and features into concise user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 5 years of experience as Scrum Master working with Scrum, Kanban and ScrumBan.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and practices
- In depth experience with Lean, Lean Startup and Lean UX approaches
- Outstanding facilitation skills and experience
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential, and champion change
- Experience managing multiple agile squads at once, and juggling multiple projects across the organization
- Self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position and can constructively resolve problems
- A passion and commitment to your own personal development
- Experience working in a startup environment
- You’re an expert at JIRA
- Understanding of the Spotify Chapters, Tribes, Guilds model
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.