Senior UX Designer
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
- Applying user-centered design processes and industry best practices to design world class digital experiences for all screen sizes and types that holistically solve customer and business challenges
- Driving the design of ecommerce with team members and stakeholders
- Crafting and leading exploratory design sessions, mapping workshops and other collaborative working sessions with team members and stakeholders
- Generating user interface sketches and wireframes, as well as helping to create prototypes to test and communicate ideas and solutions
- Developing and refine the visual design of user interfaces, site layouts and production templates, ensuring that business, brand, and user goals are met
- Facilitating discussions around your work and its iterations with your peers and stakeholders
- Leveraging your skills in interpretation of usability testing, user research, and web analytics to uncover insights and identify gaps
- Developing reusable experiences that can be leveraged by all TELUS teams
- Mentoring of junior and intermediate interaction designer(s)
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Experience as a senior interaction designer with a body of work that demonstrates your depth of skill, and ability to lead design in projects
- Strong understanding of ecommerce frontend and backend tools
- Ability to gracefully give and receive feedback
- Hyper-focused on delivering great customer experiences aligned to business outcomes
- Passionate about modern design practices and methodologies, but flexible enough to think outside the box when required
- Well-versed in lean digital product development life cycles in a highly-collaborative, agile environment
- Highly detail oriented and organized, with exceptional analytical skills
- Able to facilitate user research interviews, design sprints and communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Expert in user-centred design (UCD), information architecture (IA), interaction design (IxD), wireframing and prototyping
- Comfortable with design tool sets including Sketch, InVision, Google Suite… plus whiteboard, pen, paper and stickies!
- Solid understanding of Web accessibility best practices and an ability to create accessible products
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.