Lead Front-End Engineer
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS whose mandate is to re-imagine the physical and digital workplace, and the intersection therein.
We are effectively a start-up within TELUS developing a next-generation of workplace products. Our mission is to empower users to seamlessly interact with the physical and digital world, and deliver solutions that deliver on our brand promise.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
You’re an expert level senior front-end engineer who’s passionate about well-engineered products. You are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team.
You will be working as a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
You role is to lead front-end engineering across several projects setting and maintaining a high bar for software excellence. Your time will be split between active development (~70%), architecture (~15%), and mentoring / upskilling the team (~15%).
● Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
● Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
● Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies.
● Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed.
● The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions.
● Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
● Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
● Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
● Incorporate Accessibility and Performance as part of development process.
● Knowledge about database management and architecture.
● Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
● Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
● Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
● Demonstrable history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment.
● Strong team leadership skills (helping lead the team's work)
● Experience mentoring other team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
● You also have strong interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
● Backend development experience also highly desirable (Node.js, Express, REST APIs, GraphQL, Graph and NoSQL databases, …)
● Demonstrable knowledge in building and monitoring scalable production services
● Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
● Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
● Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
● Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
● Experience with Kubernetes
● Experience with GCP and/or AWS ecosystems.