Help shape the future of digital at TELUS.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are looking for a Tech Solutions Consultant to sit on our Digital Review Board (DRB), dedicated to driving digital enablement across TELUS. The DRB’s mandate is to enable projects delivered through our partners and external vendors to follow TELUS standards, building exceptional end-to-end experiences for our customers.
If you have experience managing and delivering technical projects, a good understanding of modern n-tier application technology (design systems, APIs, content infrastructure), an ability to deal with uncertainty, have a passion for problem-solving, collaborate well with others and have a desire to roll up your sleeves to get things done, we want you on our team.
- Consulting with stakeholders, understanding their objectives and ensuring that the development of software meets desired outcomes and standards
- Guiding projects enterprise-wide, supporting external partners with ownership on their technical state, directing them to best practices that align with our standards and digital platform
- Breaking down complex (or vague) requirements into manageable, well-isolated tasks
- Exploring unknowns, determining the best course of action on technical uncertainty and proposing sound solutions that will align with TELUS standards and delivery feasibility
- Identifying risks and constraints for proposed solutions and ongoing projects
- Working with key stakeholders to translate complex technology challenges and opportunities into meaningful business stories
- Ensuring a relentless focus on quality, performance, reliability, and continuous improvement in our delivery pipeline
- Leading decision-making on complex architectural challenges in order to create seamless, end-to-end digital experiences for our customers
- Ensuring our technology stack can support the agility and technical health needed to respond to our future needs
- Performing code reviews, mentoring and coaching external partners and team members to create world-class web applications
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to multiple stakeholders with varying degrees of technical knowledge in simple, meaningful terms
- Ability to articulate decisions, rationales, and assumptions with both internal teams and external vendors
- Keen understanding of systems architecture, connecting internal systems and vendor/partner systems and applications
- You are comfortable with uncertainty/unknowns and resourceful in researching information
- Clear understanding of the end-to-end process of delivering digital experiences, modern testing and continuous delivery practices and tools
- You can work autonomously, self-prioritizing and managing your time, switching between multiple projects and environments as required, to deliver high-priority items quickly
- Passionate about learning: you’ll help identify new technologies and approaches to problems
- Knowledge of cloud-based software architecture, distributed systems, and operations at scale in virtualized environments
- Well-defined understanding of both externally and internally-hosted infrastructure, dev ops concepts and culture
- Familiarity and practical implementation experience with accessibility (WCAG 2.0) best practices
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience with agency-driven project delivery
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and principles
- A passion for what you do, and ability to have fun doing it
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.