Junior Interaction Designer
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Digital is seeking a Junior Interaction Designer to deliver world-class experiences to our customers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of tactical elements of user-centred design. You demonstrate a developing strength with interaction design fundamentals, including information architecture, screen flows, application design, customer journey mapping, and content design.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Applying user-centered design processes, human factors, usability heuristics, and industry best practices to develop world class digital experiences for all screen sizes
- Collaborating with others to define problems, generate solutions, and formulate recommendations that will be socialized with senior leadership
- Uncovering and exploring business and customer contexts
- Participate in customer journey mapping, exploratory design studios, and other collaborative working sessions with team members and partner stakeholders
- Generating user interface sketches and wireframes, as well as creating visual designs to communicate solutions and ideas
- Participate in design critiques and reviews of your work and its iterations
- Leveraging your skills in usability testing, user research, and interpretation of web analytics to meet outcomes through design
- Enthusiastic about growing high-performing design teams
- Hyper-focused on delivering great customer experiences aligned to business outcomes
- Passionate about modern design practices and methodologies
- Adept at working in a highly-collaborative lean, agile environment
- Well-versed in the interplay between business, technical and customer needs within the context of designing for the Web
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and have exceptional analytical skills
- Able to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Past use of UCD, IA, interaction design, wireframing, and prototyping
- Comfortable with industry standard design tool sets, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle, HTML, Google docs, InVision, whiteboard, pen and paper
- Understanding of Web accessibility best practices and an ability to create accessible products
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.