Intermediate Content Manager - B2B
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, telus.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Working within our Business-to-Business (B2B) team, the Content Manager brings content to life on TELUS.com. Working closely with our content strategists, designers and developers, your responsibility is to write, edit and build content within our content management system (CMS). You will develop quality UX copy to help customers do what they want to do seamlessly, help us stay up-to-date with our marketing and competitive responses, and keep the B2B section of the TELUS.com website fresh and up-to-date.
Working closely with the content and development team within TELUS, you’ll be our go-to for content related development requests, including ensuring consistency and alignment on content standards across our digital experience. You’ll be responsible for seamlessly adding approved content into the TELUS.com experience and identifying potential areas for improvement.
As part of the Business team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our written communications are clear, relevant, and jargon-free – and most importantly, matches the TELUS brand voice and tone. Our content managers pair with our content strategists to help teams design great content, along with demonstrating industry expertise so that our content practice scales faster.
To help you execute your role, you’ll lean on our teams in design, development, testing, analytics, and marketing.
- Attending meetings to gather content requirements and information on incoming development
- Writing, proofreading, and editing marketing and support content for TELUS assets
- Creating content that is thoughtful, consistent, accessible, and conveys the brand voice while shaping the product experience
- Managing content in our content management system (CMS), including: offers and promotions, new page creation, competitive responses and personalization testing.
- Organically weaving SEO recommendations into content
- Using data to help inform good content recommendations for our customers
- Contributing to the overall content practice culture by sharing learnings and knowledge with peers
- Working closely with content strategists, designers, marketing and product owners to create customer-driven experiences and support other TELUS Digital content initiatives.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 2+ years of copywriting/editing and content management experience
- Post-secondary education in journalism, marketing, english and/or a related field
- Familiarity with content management systems and editing tools
- Curious mind set - passionate about continuous content iteration and enhancements
- Experience writing and editing high quality copy under time constraints and pressure
- Detailed-oriented and committed to using data to make content related decisions to deliver a great customer experiences
- Experience in content optimization and delivering brand consistency
- Able to gracefully receive and give feedback
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with content best practices, meta data, SEO and basic design principles
- Have a body of work that demonstrates a depth of skill of writing digital copy in English and French (nice to have)
- Highly detail oriented and organized, with exceptional analytical skills
- Understand the importance of creating accessible content and how that applies to
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- During COVID, provide the tools and resources you need to work effectively and comfortably from a remote location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily being suspicious in Among Us or teaming up in a virtual escape room
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.