TELUS Employer Solutions (TES) is a wholly owned subsidiary of TELUS Communications Inc., a premiere Canadian technology and communications company. TES’ core business is the delivery of fully integrated end-to-end processes and consultative and support services in human resources including, payroll, occupational health and safety, and human resource management systems. We have vast experience working with PeopleSoft applications and technology infrastructure support. We are the only full service human resources services provider in North America with demonstrated successful experience in delivering this comprehensive suite of services to large, complex, multi-site, multi-union public sector environments.
TES is currently recruiting a Lead Engineer (starting with 1 year contract and with the intention to convert to permanent employee) to lead the engineering efforts of an exciting commercial enterprise application. In this position you will essentially be acting as the technical “co-founder” of a startup. This means you are balancing the business vision while guiding the technical vision required for long term success.
- Take lead and responsibility for moving app plans from idea to production over the next year
- Time will be a mix of writing code and management (est. 25% / 75%)
- Perform full life-cycle development for web app and native mobile app
- Utilize source control, continuous integration, and unit testing best practices
- Work cross-functionally to define and write code for new features
- Participates customer discussions and presentations. The updated requirement / design and / or code will reflect updated customer needs
- Anticipates, identifies, tracks and resolves issues and risks affecting own work / work team. This will result to minimization of rework and missed deadlines due to consistent monitoring of issues and risks.
- Experience going from 0-1 in building a customer facing application
- Devops experience
- Good knowledge of multi-model + Graph database and DBaaS understanding (Redis, OrientDB, Neo4j, Azure Cosmos or Google Bigtable)
- Good knowledge of Analytics (mixpanel, google analytics or others)
- High Business acumen, product knowledge in social platform & ability to conceptualize from end-user’s perspective
- Experience of leading a development team and must be a seasoned developer
- Mind set we're looking for is data as a network representation of the world
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Have built and shipped commercial software in a key role in the last 5 years
- Have established processes & practices for managing & delivering technical projects
- Uniquely insightful
- Ability to foresee problems early and find creative solutions
- Highly self-directed with the ability to work in the face of ambiguity
- Strong customer focus and commitment to service excellence
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (French is a plus)
- Superior skills in building & maintaining teams
- Proficiency in cloud deployment models including IaaS, SaaS, GKE and docker containers (Google cloud, AWS, Azure preferred)
- Strong understanding of RESTful API development (Node.JS)
- knowledge of mobile platforms, React Native, IOS swift and Android Studio
- Strong understanding of web development (React.JS)
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Post-secondary diploma/certification in computer science or software development or the equivalent experience demonstrated by progressive responsibilities
- 4+ years of experience in a lead engineer role developing mobile applications for Android and iOS users.
- 4+ years’ experience with React.JS and ReactNative
- 2+ years in graphs
Who is TELUS?
You are part of a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Your passion for demonstrating our values and delivering on our Customers First commitments helps to drive our success, ultimately making a difference for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Thinking of taking your career at TELUS in a different direction? Then apply online today. This just might be the right move for you.
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.