Senior Frontend Web Developer
Join our team and create awesome experiences for our customers.
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS whose mandate is to re-imagine the physical and digital workplace, and the intersection therein.
We are effectively a start-up within TELUS developing a next-generation of workplace products. Our mission is to empower users to seamlessly interact with the physical and digital world, and deliver solutions that deliver on our brand promise.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
You’re an expert in developing customer-facing web applications using accessible HTML and React (TypeScript). You’re passionate about well-engineered products. And you are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team.
You will be working as a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
As a senior frontend web developer, your role is to support the team with the more challenging technical aspects of our applications. Your time will be split between active development (~85%) and supporting other developers on your team (~15%). Working within a dedicated Product Team:
- Develop application features in accordance with our sprint goals. We work in 2-week sprints.
- Develop thoughtful software solutions that are maintainable, scalable, reusable, and readable.
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
- Develop solutions with accessibility, performance and security in mind.
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies.
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- You are committed to continuous learning and you are a self-starter.
- Demonstrable history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment.
- Experience mentoring other team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- You also have strong interpersonal, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Next.js
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Experience with graph databases – we use Neo4j
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas