Senior API Developer, Data and Personalization
Join our team
You are an experienced, hands-on lead developer, who has led teams in shipping large-scale applications. You are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work. You understand the importance of data and how it plays a role in decision making.
As a software developer with TELUS Digital, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer-centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time permanent position. Remote work is available anywhere in Canada.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You will be working alongside data scientists, analysts, and architects to provide the future vision and implementation of marketing analytics using cloud platforms. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility, and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Gather, structure, and process billions of records, from multiple sources, at scale
- Design, build, and manage data pipelines, analytics and infrastructure
- Ensure the reliability, efficiency and scalability of the ETL process
- Advocate the use of unit testing and test-driven development to drive design and development
- Evaluate technology choices and rapidly test solutions to guide the business
- Plan sprints, review code, and provide mentorship for junior developers on the team
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Expert level knowledge of backend development (we use Node.js, Python)
- Proven experience in designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Experience with cloud providers (We use GCP)
- Experience designing and load-testing highly available systems
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools (We use Terraform)
- Experience with container technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Expert level knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc.)
About TELUS Digital
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a remote first, mobile environment
- A welcoming, relaxed office environment
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out https://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.