Data Analytics Developer
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You are an experienced, hands-on lead developer, who has led teams in shipping large-scale applications. You are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work. You understand the importance of data and how it plays a role in decision making.
As a software developer with TELUS Digital, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer-centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
You will be working alongside network engineers, data scientists, analysts, and architects to provide the future vision and implementation of marketing analytics using cloud platforms. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility, and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
You will be focused on developing scalable and robust data infrastructure leveraging streaming, batch processing, and machine learning to personalize experiences for our customers and understand customer journey.
Quality is a primary concern and we test our applications at multiple levels with a sophisticated build and release pipelines, supporting automation testers and Product Owners embedded within teams.
- Gather, structure, and process billions of records, from multiple sources, at scale.
- Design, build, and manage Data pipelines, analytics and infrastructure
- Ensure the reliability, efficiency and scalability of the ETL process.
- Advocate test-driven development practices to drive design and development
- Lead the design of scalable software platforms with performance and security in mind
- Assess and prioritize technology risks across TELUS
- Provide application architectural solutions to meet business requirements
- Advocate the use of unit testing and test-driven development to drive design and development
- Battle technical debt and avoid decision silos
- Evaluate technology choices and rapidly test solutions
- Providing guidance to the business on ideal technical approaches and investment
- Work with product owners to support translating business deliverables into technical outcomes
- Design scalable systems with performance and security in mind
- Diagnose and evolve container-based build pipelines for your team
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Experience designing and load-testing highly available systems
- Experience with cloud providers (We use GCP)
- Expert level knowledge of React and Redux
- Proven Experience in designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Expert level knowledge of backend development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Proven history of excelling in a team-based collaborative environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools (We use terraform and ansible)
- Experience in translating technical concepts and requirements for non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with container technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of Python in production environments and API development
- Experience designing, building and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Deep understanding of SQL and database schema design
- Expert level knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
About TELUS Digital:
We’re looking for team members who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.