Senior Full Stack Developer - Commerce UI
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
We value and continuously support organizations across Canada that are empowering people in our local communities with digital knowledge and skills.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
As a Senior Developer for the Digital Commerce team, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers. You will also mentor junior team members and help build new features to enhance the overall UI experience for our customers. You will be responsible for leading the team to work on code refactoring, in order to ship large-scale applications. You are a guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work.
You will be working as a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
More specifically, you will be responsible for the front-end web experiences and technical health of our applications (ex: page speed, performance) in TELUS Digital - Digital Commerce. Working within a highly collaborative team, you will use your experience to take customer user stories to develop components in order to bring our cart and checkout web experiences to the next level, while following standards and best practices. Your curiosity and courage to innovate in an agile environment will enable us to implement enhancements and contribute to A/B tests that will drive sales and customer experience optimizations in order to provide the best web experiences to users.
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies, also interested in constantly learning and growing - both building your own skill set and helping develop the people around you
- Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed.
- The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions.
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of development process.
- Knowledge about database management and architecture.
- Understand what technologies other teams are using.
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
- Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Highly experienced knowledge of backend development (Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Expert level knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Highly skilled in React, Redux, and Cypress
- Proven experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Demonstrable history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment.
- Strong team leadership skills (helping lead the team's work)
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- You also have strong interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly demonstrable knowledge in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Development/deployment in Mono Repo
- Familiar with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience with securing UI applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Experience with GCP and/or AWS ecosystems.
- Experience working with CI pipelines
- Familiarity with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience in working with a design system
- Contentful experience
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- GraphQL experience
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?