Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Bringing your passion and experience in all things UX, you’ll be an integral part of a dedicated team in helping to solve customer and business challenges through crafting user-centered experiences. You’ll be working collaboratively across teams of passionate individuals who are on a mission is to enable our customers to do what they want easily. We’re looking for a UX expert who loves creating awesome digital experiences and is excited by the challenge of the ever changing digital landscape!
- Creating world class digital experiences through:
- Applying user-centered design processes and industry best practices.
- Delivering pixel perfect visual designs based on UX wireframes and specs.
- Engaging the TELUS Design System to create experiences that are brand-consistent across all platforms.
- Keeping up with the latest trends, methodologies and tools in native app design.
- Leveraging your skills in interpretation of usability testing, user research, and web analytics to uncover insights and identify gaps.
- Contributing to and expertly deploying IA structures, Ppattern libraries and style guides to ensure consistency and quality across experiences.
- Actively problem solving by:
- Breaking design problems down into viable actionable chunks and solving them with clarity and precision.
- Engaging in the lean development life-cycle from discovery to testing, release and maintenance.
- Working cross-functionally across teams to:
- Craft and lead exploratory design sessions, mapping workshops and other collaborative working sessions with team members and partner stakeholders
- Expertly present recommendations to team members on functionality, content, and navigation that are considerate of the iterative process.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Mastery and passion for UX
- You have excellent production skills, an eye for detail with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and design system development.
- Known for your strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Passionate about modern design practices and methodologies, but flexible enough to think outside the box when required.
- Expert knowledge of industry best practices and use of tools
- You have a deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.
- You’re comfortable using Sketch, InVision, Google Suite… plus whiteboard, pen, paper and stickies!
- Exceptional understanding of mobile devices, native gestures and best practice - what works best for mobile (or doesn’t work) and why.
- Solid understanding accessibility best practices and an ability to create accessible products.
- Well-versed in lean digital product development lifecycles in a highly-collaborative, agile environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- You’re able to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- You’re a self -motivated team player who thrives on collaborating with cross functional teams
- You’re an expert with time management and organizational skills and have the flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high quality results.
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools