Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You are an experienced, hands-on lead developer, who has led teams in shipping large-scale applications. You are a mentor and guiding voice for developers, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements of your team and their work.
As a Tech Lead with TELUS Digital, you will be collaborating with internal and external project teams to design, build and operate the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Maintain applications and ensure they are up to date and secure
- Guide and implement Squad’s architectural “direction” within portfolio
- Write code and are familiar with the ins and outs of the application
- Point of contact for other teams to ensure integration is smooth in the commerce flow
- Align with the team product owner with the roadmap planning for the team including
- Execution plan and setting weekly objectives
- Ability to prepare base for new projects for developers to work on
- Leading the mentorship and upskilling of more junior developers and being responsible for the delegation of mentorship within the team
- Technical interviews and assessments of candidates applying for roles
- Advise on technical feasibility, review visual design and work through technical implications with designers
- Facilitating pair programming and developer day to day support
- Coordinate and facilitate professional developer meetings across the tribe-coding exercises, jam sessions and playing with new technology
- Support ad hoc technical delivery of the team
- Advocating and reinforce code by adhering to accessibility and performance standards
- One to ones with developers with technical focus around standards of coding & standard methodologies
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Confirmed history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment
- Experience mentoring junior team members, coordinating code quality and evangelizing standard methodologies
- Experience in translating technical concepts and requirements for non-technical partners
- Experienced knowledge of backend development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- High experience in client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Expert level knowledge of React and Redux
- Proven Experience crafting and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Proven Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Experience designing and load-testing highly available systems
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience in creating and socializing technology roadmaps
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.