Intermediate Automation Tester
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Automation Tester to join one of our delivery teams to provide unwavering leadership in Quality Assurance and collaborate across the team to advocate and evangelize testing best practices, such as Exploratory Testing, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
You will guard the quality of our products and ensure we have short feedback loops in our delivery cycles, allowing us to understand the quality of our web and mobile experiences at all stages, always challenging norms and communicating risks to quality.
In this role, you will drive all aspects of testing, with an emphasis on using your automation and QA expertise to help our delivery teams design, develop, and maintain sustainable automated test suites, as well as incorporate Exploratory testing into our delivery process.
- You will work closely with developers and product owners to understand the full scope of features and pair with developers to advise and build automation scripts (unit, integration, end-to-end, UI) ensuring code coverage and quality
- You will create, execute, improve and maintain automation test scripts through best practices, closely monitor test results for swift feedback, and participate in peer code reviews
- You will advocate and evangelize good testing practices, like pair programming, code reviews, Test Driven Development (TDD), Exploratory Testing, Behaviour-driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- You will engage in all phases of the agile development cycle, clearly and actively voice out concerns and strive to tackle technical debt with the team
- You will identify, analyze, report and document defects, questionable functions and inconsistencies in product content and outlook during the design and implementation phase
- You will review code commits and ensure the right level of tests are included
- You will conduct Manual testing when required and lead and conduct Exploratory Testing sessions with the team
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- You have a strong ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- You have an understanding of QA methodologies and strong ‘hands on’ experience developing test scripts for functional, performance, and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements
- You have experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build, Continuous Delivery Practices, Test Automation and related tool-sets (such as Selenium, Jenkins, NightwatchJS, etc)
- You possess demonstrable leadership thinking and expertise with testing methods, strategies, and tools
- You have experience with testing within an Agile development environment
- You have experience in both web and mobile testing
- You are adept at communicating and collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?