Design Lead, Mobility
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for TELUS.com, TELUS.com/Business and the My TELUS app. Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers and writers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts. Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
- Define the overall design strategy for the Mobility outcome team
- Review and product and campaign strategies with your Product Owners and Content & Tech Leads
- Advises on design tickets in backlogs across squads
- Assist with prototyping, wireframing and visual design wherever necessary
- Ability to leverage skills in user experience and web analytics to meet outcomes through design
- Conduct regular one on one sessions with the other designers on the Mobility team to provide coaching and mentoring
- Shares best practices within guilds and brings back shared learnings from guilds to enable consistency (brand, designer expectations, process, work processes and Telus Design System)
- Advocate for data point related changes on behalf of the designers
- Work closely with your Content Lead to ensure the design process includes a strong content strategy
- Identifying and analyzing trends in design, tech and marketing that can be leveraged to support strategic arms
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Hyper-focused on delivering great customer experiences aligned to business outcomes.
- Passionate about modern design practices and methodologies.
- Well-versed in complete digital product development lifecycles, from planning through execution.
- Adept at working in a highly-collaborative, lean, agile environment.
- Well-versed in the interplay between business, technical and customer needs within the context of designing for the Web
- Highly detail oriented and organized, with exceptional analytical skills.
- Able to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
- Expert in UCD, IA, interaction design, wireframing and prototyping.
- Comfortable with industry standard design tool sets including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, Miro, Google docs and InVision… plus whiteboard, pen and paper.
- Knowledgeable of Web accessibility best practices and able to create accessible products.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Working knowledge of data tools including Adobe Analytics
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.