Senior Product Owner - Home Solutions
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app. Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Product Owner for the My TELUS Home Solutions (HS) team you will drive the success of our authenticated digital experiences and manage end-to-end digital initiatives for our products. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and to enable self-serve capabilities that will reduce customer effort for managing their products. You will work collaboratively with multiple digital teams across user experience, development, testing, analytics and vendor partners. This is a highly visible role, working closely with other product managers, marketing, design and IT teams across the business. Here’s how
- Understand TELUS business priorities and expected outcomes
- Understand customer needs, be the voice of the customer and tell the Product Story
- Be responsible for the vision and prioritization of digital experiences in partnership with stakeholders to achieve the business outcomes (return on investment)
- Establish relationships and liaise with a diverse group of cross-functional partners within the organization; collaborate on interdependent roadmaps and technology investments to achieve mutual business outcomes
- Build organizational support and understanding of the strategic direction of the product
- Define tangible product roadmap-actively manage the product backlog and prioritize based on feedback and value
- Accountable for product critical metrics and to report progress, provide ongoing communication to partners on progress
- Handle expectations and remove business and roadmap impediments
- Own product research and measurements, drive optimizations
- Accountable for the product overall health of security, accessibility, performance, etc
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Has strong leadership and organizational transformation skills with the ability to guide team members.
- An independent thinker and self-starter; able to work effectively within a fast paced and changing environment while taking initiative and being proactive.
- Ability to deliver on product management plans, define user stories and achievements, prioritize user stories, assess risk, and monitor and facilitate progress throughout the product life cycle.
- Able to interpret the needs of the client and work to improve client satisfaction.
- Accountable for ensuring projects are delivered to budget and schedule.
- Excellent strategic analysis and thinking, with the knowhow to interpret data and generate innovative and unconventional solutions
- Experience in product development for authenticated applications
- Experience in prioritizing and delivering Go-To-Market (GTM) initiatives against an existing product backlog
- Experience with end-to-end product development and management across multiple channels
- Scrum Product Owner and/or Certified ScrumMaster certification
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.