Senior Full Stack Developer - Unified Products & Commerce
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, designers, full stack developers, scrum masters, testers, product owners: all the people needed to create and maintain world class digital experiences. Learn more about us at https://www.telus.com/digital.
The Unified Products & Commerce team is a cross-functional team focused on using data-driven insights to deliver the best possible digital customer experience for our growing eCommerce platform. The team is looking for a passionate Fullstack developer to help support and scale our growing team. We aim to make things easier for our team, so we can make things better for our customers!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
- Collaborate with a team of talented individuals to develop a best in class cart, checkout and order manager experience
- Advocate the use of unit testing and test driven development to drive design and development
- Battle technical debt and avoid decision silos
- Evaluate technology choices and rapidly test solutions
- Work closely with the your team and platform teams to solve architectural challenges
- Ensure a cohesive experience across different browsers and devices
- Implement and advocate accessibility best practices; we believe in an accessible web for everyone
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Proven history of excelling in a team-based collaborative environment
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- Expert level knowledge of backend development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Expert level knowledge of client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Expert level knowledge of React and Redux
- Proven Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Proven Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Experience designing and load-testing highly available systems
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc.)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience in creating and socializing technology roadmap
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?