Digital Analytics and Insights Consultant
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Digital Analytics and Insights Consultant, you will play a key role in driving decision making to deliver results for the Telus Digital team. We are looking for a data-driven individual who possesses strong knowledge of web analytics, is a clear communicator, and is able to quickly grasp business concepts. You will use these skills to help our product teams to deliver great digital experiences and enable the Telus Digital leadership team to make strategic planning decisions. Candidates for the role should be curious to understand the ‘why’ behind the data and are excited about the opportunity data provides in creating a leading digital experience.
- Leverage data to tell the story of how the Telus Digital team is making progress on key metrics and uncover opportunities to improve the experience
- Communicate findings and recommendations to audiences ranging from executives to working level team members
- Follow the Lean Analytics guidelines of ‘build, measure, learn’ with product teams to ensure we are using data to define success, measure outcomes and consistently learn
- Identify key segments for A/B testing and personalization use cases
- Design, build, and maintain financial models to connect activities with key metrics and results for the Telus Digital team
- Assist with decision making related to program budgets and prioritization by modeling the expected results of planned initiatives
- Collaborate with the product teams on monthly planning cycles to review results and make prioritization decisions around upcoming work
- Champion, coach, and mentor team members on best practices for using analytics to understand performance and inform decision making
- Proactively identify opportunities to constantly improve our business processes
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Relevant education in fields such as economics, marketing, engineering, mathematics, computer science or information management
- Over 3 years of experience using web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics to analyze digital experiences, find opportunities, and make recommendations to product teams
- High proficiency making data visualizations and dashboards using tools like DOMO, Tableau, or Qlik
- Experience building financial models and presenting business cases
- Experience writing SQL queries to access and analyze data
- Demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with using Python or R for data processing and analysis
- Experience with SEO
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools