Senior Product Owner, Home Solutions
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Product Owner for the Home Solutions Commerce Team, you will help define best in class experiences for our customers and create a digital commerce experience for internet, TV, Home Phone and Home Security Services that helps simplify the lives of our customers. You will work closely with your squad that is comprised of UX/UI Designers, Developers, Testers, Scrum Master and Business Analyst(s).
By managing and prioritizing a backlog of user stories you will drive customer value and help reduce customer effort. You’ll regularly refine and adjust your backlogs to reflect accurate scope, effort and priority as it becomes available from stakeholders.
We are on a mission to optimize of our commerce experience for home services, so you are joining us at an exciting time with phenomenal opportunities to craft our product and customer experiences.
- Provide the vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders and create requirements
- Collaborate with agile teams to build and manage new features and capabilities while delivering desired business impact
- Define the road-map and opportunities to create a best in class customer experience
- Collaborate with our partners throughout the business to align roadmaps
- Use a data driven approach to assess business value and prioritize stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value while ensuring alignment with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with the leadership team to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value
- Report and present the outcomes and demonstrate the benefits of the work your team has done
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Highly-organized with a demonstrated ability to manage a high-volume of work
- Strong leadership and organizational transformation skill Interpersonal, proactive communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in product development (hardware or software) and technical delivery, with 3-5 years of product management/ownership of customer facing products/applications
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Strong Interpersonal, proactive communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with various stakeholders across the business; building trust and strong rapport across the business is fundamental
- Ability to inter-operate between a technical product team and business strategists
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to think strategically
- Strong track record of being able to develop relationships with a multitude of stakeholders/peers
- 2-4 years of marketing, project management, and/or digital experience
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, and ambiguous environment with the ability to prioritize work and create clarity
- Experience working in a Lean and Agile environment
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?