Intermediate Manual Tester - B2B
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated Manual Tester to join our B2B team to provide unwavering leadership in Quality Assurance and collaborate across the team to advocate and push for testing best practices, such as Exploratory Testing, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
You will guard the quality of our products and ensure we have short feedback loops in our delivery cycles, allowing us to understand the value and depth of our web and mobile experiences at all stages, always challenging norms and communicating risks to quality.
In this role, you will drive all aspects of testing, with an emphasis on using QA expertise to ensure the product quality and think from end user perspective
- You will work closely with developers and product owners to grasp the full scope of features and pair with developers to advise and build test suite (unit, integration, end-to-end, UI) and ensuring quality
- You will advocate and endorse good testing practices, Test Driven Development (TDD), Exploratory Testing, Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- You will engage in all phases of the agile development cycle, clearly and actively voice out concerns and strive to tackle technical debt with your team
- You will identify, evaluate, report and detail defects, questionable functions and inconsistencies in product content and outlook during the design and implementation phase
- You will review code commits and ensure the right level of tests are included
- You will conduct Manual testing when required and lead and conduct Exploratory Testing sessions with the team
- You will responsible for E2E testing, integration testing, APItesting , UI testing
- Build and maintain documentation in confluence and other document hubs
- Prioritize testing tasks, ensure milestones, activities, tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Providing help to other QA teams as required
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Working experience in in Software Testing Life Cycle - Agile or Waterfall methodologies and QA approaches
- Thorough understanding of continuous integration testing, including integration with DevOps (i.e. GitHub, Jenkins), Collaborative (i.e. Confluence, JIRA) and Test Management (ALM) tools - JIRA , Mercury Quality center
- You have a strong ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- Understanding of testing techniques and tools of APIs/WebServices/dB testing (xml, Json, SQL, Unix / DOS, HTTP, REST/SOAP API testing tools
- You have an understanding of QA methodologies and strong ‘hands on’ experience developing test scripts for functional, performance, and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements
- You have the ability to identify, analyze, report and document defects, questionable functions and inconsistencies in product content and outlook.
- Strong knowledge in creating detailed test cases and test result documentation
- Knowledge is Test reporting and Test estimates
- Ability to think exploratory and out of box test scenarios , experience in Requirement traceability matrix
- Nice to have experience on Continuous Integration, Continuous Build, Continuous Delivery Practices, Test Automation and related tool-sets (such as Selenium, Jenkins, NightwatchJS, etc
- Establish and maintain comprehensive and well-structured test cases to organize component test scenarios, for documentation and knowledge sharing purposes.
- You should have are adept at communicating and collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members
- You should have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and come up with solutions to meet project needs; demonstrate enthusiasm and sense of commitment
- You are able to maintain a healthy relationship with project teams, offshore teams, release teams, third-parties, clients
- You possess demonstrable leadership thinking and expertise with testing methods, strategies, and tools
- You demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement of existing processes and tools, as well as documentation of standards and best practices
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- During COVID, provide the tools and resources you need to work effectively and comfortably from a remote location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily being suspicious in Among Us or teaming up in a virtual escape room
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
At TELUS, we are committed to promoting and celebrating diversity and inclusion within our team, our company and the communities where we live, work and serve. Learn more at https://www.telus.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion