Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Digital is looking for an accomplished Design Principal who will provide thought leadership and design vision for designers across the organisation and act as a champion for Design practice. Design Principal works closely with Principal Architect, Content Principal and Data Principal to ensure that the design strategy is aligned with the broader TELUS strategy.
In this role, you will be the face of Design across TELUS, regularly interlocking with Directors and Principals of other practices and portfolios within TELUS. Through this role, you will help develop and apply institutional knowledge that will enable designers to maximize their productivity and create industry leading end to end customer experiences. You will act as a leader and coach for the Design community.
As a senior individual-contributor, you will work closely with the Design Centre of Excellence and the Community & Governance team. This is a full-time permanent position.
- Provide a guiding Design practice vision and leadership
- Develop and communicate the Design vision and strategy aligned with the broader priorities of TELUS
- Continually strive to inspire designers and elevate the TELUS brand to a high standard, creatively and consistently
- Cultivate a problem solving environment throughout a cross-functional organization, ensuring that design helps to bolster the strengths of the entire team
- Clutivate close strategic relationships with Brand, Marketing, external agencies and senior leadership to align and promote the value of design
- Lead continuous evolution of design standards and promote best practices
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of best practices and industry trends, and ensure TELUS Digital follows industry best practices while identifying forward-thinking opportunities for Design practice growth
- Lead evolution of design standards. Develop strategy for the TELUS Design System and advocate for its usage across TELUS
- Ensure customer and business needs are met through data informed design decisions and understanding of customer experience pain points
- Champion design processes and lead design reviews to ensure quality and continuous reduction in design debt
- Grow, develop and nurture our people and be the practice champion
- Act as a coach and mentor for designers and enable them to be the best version of themselves at work
- Establish a strong recruitment brand for the Design practice outside of TELUS and promote TELUS’ culture and ways of working to attract talent (via networking events, conferences, forums etc.)
- Support recruiters and managers in identifying the best talent across the Design practice
- Determine the positions and roles we employ in the Design practice across the organization
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Design Leadership: Demonstrated success as an executive/senior leader of design with a proven track record of growing and developing practitioners.
- Design Leadership: Demonstrated success as an executive/senior leader of design with a proven track record of growing and developing practitioners
- Design Subject Matter Expertise & Design Systems Experience: Extensive experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications and leading a design systems team in a large digital organization
- Strategic Thinking: The ability to see the bigger picture and provide strategic guidance on how the discipline can drive scale and adopt a shared practice vision with demonstrated success in delivering large scale strategic design initiatives
- Stakeholder Alignment & Interpersonal Skills: Able to drive alignment and work effectively with teams across the organization, including Technology, Product, and Senior Leadership to influence positive outcomes and propose well-informed new directions
- Analytical & Problem Solving Skills: Proven success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
- Change Management & Communication: The ability to clearly articulate strategy and vision to all stakeholders and support the people side of change effectively
- Experience in a design leadership role within a digital agency or consulting firm
- Experience developing design systems for digitally enabled organizations
- Experience in strategic and customer-focused roles, ideally within the Telecommunications or High Tech industries
- Understanding digital accessibility and its role in design
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?