Technical Product Owner, Unified Products and Commerce Team
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Technical Product Owner on the Unified Products & Commerce team, you will manage the API products that power our TELUS eCommerce experiences, including cart, checkout and our online order manager. You will create & evolve measurable digital products that enable customers to buy any of TELUS’ products and services online. To do this, you will leverage stakeholder needs, customer data insights and lead a team of developers, designers and analysts to bring your product vision to life.
Develop cross-cutting products and capabilities that include:
- Configurable, digital shopping cart, checkout and online order manager, enabling a world class eCommerce experience and enabling OMNI channel capabilities
- Reusable and scalable APIs that power our commerce experiences
- Collaborate with technology teams enabling channels across TELUS to align capabilities and requirements to power delightful customer touchpoints, reusing the digital products you will own
Drive the product vision and technology roadmap
- Technical enough to be comfortable to dig into development issues, gather and understand all the information, and put together a plan to move towards a resolution
- Drive the technology roadmap alongside a team of architects and the product strategist supporting the goal and priorities of the overall product roadmap
- Overseeing and developing a backlog of user stories that will drive customer value and help reduce customer effort
- Working with the scrum team to articulate data-driven end-to-end customer experiences
- Focus on outcomes, working through ambiguity & delivering with a "no task is too big or too small" attitude
- Having a healthy obsession looking for a “better way” to do things
Be the champion of relationships:
- Work closely with other digital product owners, product strategists, and enterprise technology teams to align priorities, roadmaps and deliverables
- Collaborating with digital scrum teams within TELUS Digital and across Toronto & Vancouver to ensure our team drives what customers expect from digital to OMNI shopping experiences to fulfill both short- and long-term company goals
- A strong storyteller and leader who can inspire others
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Known for your intellectual curiosity, grit, and a genuine passion for solving problems
- Experience with API development and backend integration
- Familiar with CMS, JIRA, QA practices in order to support Developers, QA’s, designers and analysts on your team
- You use both quantitative and qualitative research to improve the product
- Ability to influencing without authority when managing complex, cross-functional programs
- Provides strategic direction and subject matter expertise to other digital, and IT teams
- Comfortable working with large scale technology platforms
- 3-5 years experience working in a technical delivery/digital team in an Agile fashion
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or other technical discipline an asset
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.