Content Writer/Manager - Mobility
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Digital Content Writer for telus.com, you’ll play a key role in creating seamless digital experiences for our customers through thoughtful and consistent interface content. Application of plain language comes easy to you. As a natural storyteller and conversation designer, you’ll help drive our content strategy discipline forward with all teams within TELUS.
In your role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our written communications are clear, relevant, and jargon-free – and most importantly, matches the TELUS brand voice and tone. Our content writers pair with our content strategists to help other teams to design great content, along with demonstrating industry expertise so that our content practice scales faster.
You’ll help the team deliver a customer first experience by crafting copy that helps customers complete the task at hand. You choose clarity over creativity.
Along with representing our content interests with other teams within TELUS, you’ll know what it takes to deliver a great omnichannel experience. To help you execute, you’ll lean on our teams in design & user experience, development, testing, analytics, and marketing.
- Write, proofread and edit marketing and support content for TELUS assets
- Create content that is thoughtful, consistent and conveys the brand voice while shaping the product experience and helps our customers achieve a goal or complete a task
- Collect and use SEO information and organically weave it into content
- Uses data to help inform good content decisions for our customers
- Ability to generate, update and upload content in the CMS
- Enabling outcome team to test content and continue to make it easy for them to do this
- Strive for clarity over creativity
- Work with content strategists, leads and designers to develop a new page/campaign on all aspects of the customer journey
- Contribute to the overall practice culture by sharing learnings and knowledge with peers
- Advocate of the practice by building strong relationships with TELUS team members
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Have a body of work that demonstrates a depth of skill of writing digital copy with experience working with user experience, strategy and design teams
- Be detail oriented, an astute organizer and have the curiosity to continuously seek out missing information
- Well-versed in the interplay between business, technical and customer needs within the context of creating online content experiences
- Able to gracefully give and receive feedback
- Familiarity with content strategy best practices, user experience and SEO
- Passionate about modern content practices and methodologies
- Well-versed in lean digital product development lifecycles
- Adept at working in a highly-collaborative, lean, agile environment
- Able to communicate content strategy rationale and build consensus
- Post-secondary education in business and/or writing
- Understand the importance of creating accessible content and how that applies to WCAG 2.0 AA principles
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.