Sr Developer - Risk Engine
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
We value and continuously support organizations across Canada that are empowering people in our local communities with digital knowledge and skills.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
As a Sr Developer with the Reliability squad, you will lead the continued development of the Risk Engine, a new tool in our DevOps toolkit enabling us to continue to deploy rapidly and continuously while also ensuring the stability and reliability of our applications. You will grow to become the Risk Engine SME, and will work with the Product Owner, Reliability team, vendor partner, and partner teams across TELUS Digital to design and build this critical piece of our CI/CD capabilities.
- Lead the continued development of the Risk Engine together with our vendor partner including design, build, and operate phases (there is no on-call requirement for this role)
- Become the subject matter expert on the Risk Engine
- Develop new GitHub actions or applications to interface with the Risk Engine
- Help teams integrate the Risk Engine into their CI/CD pipelines
- Help update and maintain the GitHub repository and API documentation
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- A passion for new technologies, you’ve kept up to date on top trends and love to bring new ideas to your team
- Strong backend development experience (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, OpenAPI Spec, Graph QL)
- Experience working in an agile delivery environment
- Familiarity using and configuring CI/CD pipelines (we use Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Fastify is a strong benefit
- Familiarity building an operating applications in a cloud environment is a benefit
- Familiarity with GitHub applications or actions is a benefit
- Familiarity or experience with machine learning libraries or services is a benefit.
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing