Senior API Developer - Digital Commerce
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, designers, full stack developers, scrum masters, testers, product owners... all the people needed to create and maintain world class digital experiences.
We are leaders in the local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
You’re a backend developer who’s passionate about crafting substantial experiences through well-engineered products. You are a developer growing in your skillsets, leveraging your prior work experience, who can balance day-to-day workload, with an eye for future improvements within your team.
As a developer within the Digital Commerce team, you could be working on leading edge microservice APIs, supporting TELUS employees and growing our digital footprint - what you help build will be the underlying systems that help our team achieve better customer experiences. The services you will build will need to be both performant and resilient.
You will be a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other seek problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practices in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Collaborate with talented team members across TELUS Digital to build reusable APIs that solve customer problems and create engaging experiences
- Build your own skill-set and help develop those around you with your insatiable thirst to learn and grow
- Identify code problems, build solutions and complete code reviews with other developers
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary, including logging, error reporting and analytics
- Leverage your knowledge of various test strategies to deploy code with quality and confidence
- Reviewing accessibility as part of the development process
- Knowledge about database management and architecture
- Maintaining the best security, reliability and performance practices
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- A passion for new technologies, you’ve kept up to date on top trends and love to bring new ideas to your team
- Proven experience designing and documenting modern RESTful microservice APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Proven history of excelling in a team-based collaborative environment
- Experience using Node.js
- Proven experience building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience in architecture of microservices
- Comfortable working with SOAP APIs
- Experience with incident management
- Familiarity with building and implementing unit and integration tests
- Familiarity with security and authentication standards such as OAuth & JWT
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing