Product Owner, Consumer Health
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most. This particular role will be embedded and supported by the TELUS Digital team, while acting as an extension of the Consumer Health portfolio, single point of contact to drive their digital strategy and footprint.
The TELUS Consumer Health team focuses on empowering Canadians to take control of their health and their health of their loved ones with the right information, tools and support they need to live healthier and happier lives. As a global telecommunications leader and one of the largest Information Technology (IT) healthcare providers in Canada, we are well positioned to play a leadership role in bringing new services to market to address this significant challenge.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences.
TELUS Digital includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Product Owner, you will help define best in class experiences for our customers. You will help foster and build strong relationships with our leading external vendor partner and stakeholders to effectively prioritize and execute on business initiatives for all of Consumer Health’s online properties. By managing and prioritizing a backlog of user stories you will drive customer value and help reduce customer effort. You’ll regularly refine and adjust backlogs to reflect accurate scope, effort and priority as it becomes available from stakeholders.
- Executing on business initiatives for TELUS.com
- Delivering on product management plans, defining user stories and milestones
- Delivering a best in class experience for our customers
- Managing external vendor relationships, perform ongoing vendor performance monitoring and evaluation
- Collaborating with a broad array of stakeholders and Digital team members
- Identifying impacts of the business asks and ensuring the solution encompasses the full end-to-end experience
- Constantly seek out new opportunities through market benchmarking and analysis, insights through data, voice of the customer and input from the Consumer Health Team
- Clearly define and prioritize product challenges and opportunities, develop a product roadmap and manage a coherent product backlog, including retiring features that no longer make sense
- Prioritize user stories, assess risk, and monitor and facilitate progress throughout the product life cycle
- Proactively work with the team to identify risks, prioritize them, and create plans to resolve in a timely manner
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Highly-organized with a demonstrated ability to manage a high-volume of work
- Ability to anticipate and manage unplanned work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and organizational transformation skill Interpersonal, proactive communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with various stakeholders across the business - building trust and strong rapport across the business is fundamental
- Familiarity with CMS, JIRA, QA practices in order to support developers, QA, etc
- Strong track record of being able to develop relationships with a multitude of stakeholders/peers
- Experience managing and organizing a high-volume of workload, and external vendor relationships
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or Business/Marketing
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Agile Certified Professional (ACP) or similar
- Experience in an Agile environment with a Product Owner background is preferred
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.