Senior Automation Tester
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts. Learn about our team at https://www.telus.com/digital.
The Unified Products & Commerce platform team is a cross-functional team of developers, designers, product owners, and strategists who are focused on using data-driven insights to deliver the best possible digital customer experience for our growing commerce platform. The team is looking for a passionate Senior Automation Tester to help support and scale our growing team. We aim to make things easier for our team, so we can make things easier and more delightful for our customers.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Automation Tester, you will provide unwavering leadership in Quality Assurance and collaborate across the team to advocate and evangelize testing best practices, such as Exploratory Testing, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD). You will work collaboratively to ensure the experiences we create will be robust across the entire end-to-end customer journey.
- You will advocate and evangelize good testing practices, like pair programming, code reviews, Test Driven Development (TDD), Exploratory Testing, Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- You will work closely with developers and product owners to understand full scope of features and pair with developers to advise and build automation scripts (unit, integration, end-to-end, UI) ensuring code coverage and quality
- You will identify, analyze, report and document defects, questionable functions and inconsistencies in product content and outlook during the design and implementation phase
- You will create, execute, improve and maintain automation test scripts through best practices, closely monitor test results for swift feedback, and participate in peer code reviews
- You will review code commits and ensure the right level of tests are included
- You will update and manage Regression test suites
- You will conduct Manual testing when required and lead and conduct Exploratory Testing sessions with the team
- You will engage in all phases of the agile development cycle, clearly and actively voice out concerns and strive to tackle technical debt with the team
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- You have a strong ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- Extensive experience in Testing of API (Rest and Soap) and Web based applications
- Experience in both web and mobile testing
- You have an understanding of QA methodologies and strong ‘hands on’ experience developing test scripts for functional, performance, and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements
- Demonstrated experience with Exploratory testing, not just working to test plans
- You have experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build, Continuous Delivery Practices, Test Automation and related tool-sets (such as Jenkins, NightwatchJS, Cucumber, Selenium, Capybara or Watir)
- You have experience with testing within an Agile development environment
- You are adept at communicating and collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members
- 6 or more years of experience in leading, advising and implementing testing practices for digital organizations
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?