QA Lead - Digital Commerce
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated Senior Automation Tester to join our team to provide unwavering leadership in Quality Assurance and collaborate across the team to advocate and evangelize testing best practices, such as Exploratory Testing, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
You will guard the quality of our products and ensure we have short feedback loops in our delivery cycles, allowing us to understand the value and depth of our web and mobile experiences at all stages, always challenging norms and communicating risks to quality.
- You possess demonstrable leadership thinking and expertise with testing methods, strategies, and tools
- You demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement of existing processes and tools, as well as documentation of standards and best practices
- You will advocate and evangelize good testing practices, like pair programming, code reviews, Test Driven Development (TDD), Exploratory Testing, Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- You have experience with testing within an Agile development environment
- Keen collaborator and clear communicator, responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Coordinate the end to end testing strategy for cross cutting initiatives
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- You have a strong ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced changing environment
- Lead, plan, build and maintain an end-to-end automation test framework from start to finish
- Build and maintain documentation in confluence and other document hubs
- You have good experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build, Continuous Delivery Practices, Test Automation and related tool-sets (such as Selenium, Jenkins, NightwatchJS, etc.)
- You have experience testing for accessibility (WCAG 2)
- Create and execute test cases, identify defects, investigate issues, write bug reports, and verify bug fixes
- You are experienced in both web and mobile testing
- Experience conducting exploratory testing
- Previous experience leading the effort to transition from manual testing fucus to automated testing focus
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.