Product Owner, Data Products
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers-and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My Account app.
The Data Products team is focused on creating solutions that generate value from data. This includes machine learning models as well as applications that automate tasks like data ingestion or reporting. Our team includes a passionate group of data scientists and engineers who work closely with multidisciplinary teams to design and integrate the solutions we are building.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Product Owner for the Data Products team, you will help to define and deliver solutions that enable a better experience for our customers as well as drive value for our business. To do this, you will work closely with stakeholders across TELUS Digital to shape the roadmap and lead a team of data scientists and engineers to deliver these solutions.
- Prioritizing and refining a backlog of user stories and research tasks that will enable customer experiences and drive value for our business
- Working with stakeholders to articulate project objectives and scope
- Track and facilitate project progress
- Ensuring the protection of customer data privacy by working with our Data Trust Office
- Focus on outcomes, working through ambiguity & delivering with a "no task is too big or too small" attitude
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Known for your intellectual curiosity, grit, and a genuine passion for solving problems
- Having a healthy obsession looking for a “better way” to do things
- Highly organized and clear communicator with a demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of work
- Ability to anticipate and manage unplanned work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Experience using JIRA or similar project management tools
- Knack for building Interpersonal relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Expert understanding of Lean and Agile environments
- Familiar with software development process
- Understanding of data science and machine learning workflows
- Knowledge of data privacy best practices
- Familiarity with communications or technology industries
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business/Marketing
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.