Senior Automation Tester - Mobility
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers. The Mobility Commerce team does just that by building smart, customer-centric, and data-driven experiences on telus.com and TELUS.com/business. Our goal is to make sure our consumer and business customers have a seamless e-commerce experience as they select and configure their mobility devices. Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
- We are looking for a hardworking and motivated Senior Automation Tester to join the Mobility Commerce team to provide unwavering leadership in Quality Assurance and collaborate across the team to advocate and push for testing best practices, such as Exploratory Testing, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
- You will guard the quality of our products and ensure we have short feedback loops in our delivery cycles, allowing us to understand the value and depth of our web and mobile experiences at all stages, always challenging norms and communicating risks to quality.
- In this role, you will drive all aspects of testing, with an emphasis on using your automation and QA expertise to help our delivery teams design, develop, and maintain sustainable automated test suites, as well as incorporate Exploratory testing into our delivery process.
- You will work closely with developers and product owners to grasp the full scope of features and pair with developers to advise and build automation scripts (unit,integration, end-to-end, UI) ensuring code coverage and quality
- You will build, execute, improve and maintain automation test scripts through standard methodologies, closely monitor test results for swift feedback, and participate in peer code reviews
- You will advocate and endorse good testing practices, like pair programming, code reviews, Test Driven Development (TDD), Exploratory Testing, Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- You will engage in all phases of the agile development cycle, clearly and actively voice out concerns and strive to tackle technical debt with your team
- You will identify, evaluate, report and detail defects, questionable functions and inconsistencies in product content and outlook during the design and implementation phase
- You will review code commits and ensure the right level of tests are included
- You will conduct Manual testing when required and lead and conduct Exploratory Testing sessions with the team
- Automation audit and cleaning, validate accuracy/efficiency, remove duplicates with other types of testing (Unit Test/Contract Test), remove overlapping with other E2E testing, respecting digital code standards, validate that tests are sold)
- Build and maintain documentation in confluence and other document hubs
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Demonstrable history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment.
- Strong team leadership skills (helping lead the team's work)
- You also have strong interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- You have a strong ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- You have hands-on experience doing API testing using SoapUI, Postman or any similar tools
- You have experience with version control tools like Github
- You have an understanding of QA methodologies and strong ‘hands on’ experience developing test scripts for functional, performance, and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements