Senior UX Designer - B2B Marketing
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for TELUS.com, TELUS.com/Business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Digital is seeking a Senior UX Designer to deliver world-class experiences to our customers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge for tactical elements of user-centered design. You demonstrate a developing strength with interaction design fundamentals, including; application of branding and design systems, information architecture, screen flows, customer journey mapping, customer research and testing.
As a Senior UX Designer supporting the Business-to-Business (B2B) Marketing team, you will be collaborating with an internal project team to design product shopping experiences tailored to our small and medium sized business customers, enabling them to easily shop and purchase their products online.
- Work with Product Owners, Content and Design leads to determine business requirements
- Lead user flow, user story, empathy and journey mapping exercises with fellow team members and stakeholders
- Communicate with developers throughout the project cycle, working together on creating a seamless user experience by wireframing solutions, discussing requirements, and finalizing visual designs.
- Craft, review and understand the holistic end-to-end user experience
- Ensure design and copy are in sync at all times by working with our content strategy leads
- Work with our TELUS Design System to execute and finalize visual designs and collaborate with the TELUS Design System team to develop new features and functionalities.
- Apply the TELUS brand standards across all design work
- Use a variety of user research tools and techniques to validate design decisions; hear directly from our users by organizing usability testing sessions and working alongside our user research and analytics teams to gain deeper insights from our customers.
- Ensure that the digital customer experience for those using assistive technologies is considered at all times. You will work with our accessibility tools to ensure all accessibility standards are met.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- The capability to act as practice lead for the team
- Effectively articulates design alternatives to ensure customer and business needs are met
- The ability to contribute to the development and improvement of the TELUS design system guidelines
- Effectively and efficiently leads project team through design discussions
- Anticipates well and formulates comprehensive responses to difficult questions
- Effectively leads discussions to senior partners and executives
- Clearly articulates the “why” on complex design solutions and choices
- Clearly articulates design and user experience alternatives
- Stretches team perspective - faster, broader, deeper insights into issues and potential ramifications
- Ability to use multiple sources of information to identify if a problem is a design problem or related to larger enterprise / business issues
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile and fully remote working options, as well as the opportunity to work from our local Toronto or Vancouver offices
- Focus on health & well-being
- Modern tools for collaboration
- Culture of learning & development
- We welcome curiosity and diverse perspectives
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.