Senior UX Designer Old
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Digital is looking for a Senior UX Designer. You will drive design strategy and execution through customer insights that help directly inform the direction and implementation of our digital products and services.
We believe in challenging our assumptions and beliefs on a daily basis; collaborating and validating ideas with our team and leadership; planning for ambiguity and being ready for constant change. In the change management team we bridge customer experience, technology, people and process.
- Applying user-centered design processes and industry best practices to guide world class digital experiences for all screen sizes and types that holistically solve customer and business challenges
- Driving the design of ecommerce with team members and stakeholders
- Crafting and leading exploratory design sessions, mapping workshops and other collaborative working sessions with team members and stakeholders
- Generating user interface sketches and wireframes, as well as helping to create prototypes to test and communicate ideas and solutions
- Facilitating discussions around your work and its iterations with your peers and stakeholders
- Leveraging your skills in interpretation of usability testing, user research, and web analytics to uncover insights and identify gaps
- Developing reusable experiences that can be leveraged by all TELUS teams
- Mentoring of junior and intermediate UX team members
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Experience as a senior UX designer with a body of work that demonstrates your depth of skill, and ability to lead design in projects
- Ability to gracefully give and receive feedback
- Hyper-focused on delivering great customer experiences aligned to business outcomes
- Passionate about modern design practices and methodologies, but flexible enough to think outside the box when required
- Well-versed in lean digital product development life cycles in a highly-collaborative, agile environment
- Highly detail oriented and organized, with exceptional analytical skills
- Able to facilitate user research interviews, design sprints and communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Experienced in user-centred design (UCD), information architecture (IA), interaction design (IxD)
- Comfortable with design tool sets including Sketch, InVision, Google Suite plus whiteboard, pen, paper and stickies!
- Solid understanding of Web accessibility best practices
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.