Senior Automation Tester
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Sr. Automation Tester to join one of our delivery teams to provide unwavering leadership in Quality Assurance and collaborate across the team to advocate and evangelize testing best practices, such as Exploratory Testing, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
You will guard the quality of our products and ensure we have short feedback loops in our delivery cycles, allowing us to understand the quality of our web and mobile experiences at all stages, always challenging norms and communicating risks to quality.
In this role, you will drive all aspects of testing, with an emphasis on using your automation and QA expertise to help our delivery teams design, develop, and maintain sustainable automated test suites, as well as incorporate Exploratory testing into our delivery process.
- You will work closely with developers and product owners to understand full scope of features and pair with developers to advise and build automation scripts (unit, integration, end-to-end, UI) ensuring code coverage and quality
- You will create, execute, improve and maintain automation test scripts through best practices, closely monitor test results for swift feedback, and participate in peer code reviews
- You will advocate and evangelize good testing practices, like pair programming, code reviews, Test Driven Development (TDD), Exploratory Testing, Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- You will engage in all phases of the agile development cycle, clearly and actively voice out concerns and strive to tackle technical debt with the team
- You will identify, analyze, report and document defects, questionable functions and inconsistencies in product content and outlook during the design and implementation phase
- You will review code commits and ensure the right level of tests are included
- You will conduct Manual testing when required and lead and conduct Exploratory Testing sessions with the team
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- You have a strong ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- You have an understanding of QA methodologies and strong ‘hands on’ experience developing test scripts for functional, performance, and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements
- You have experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build, Continuous Delivery Practices, Test Automation and related tool-sets (such as Selenium, Jenkins, NightwatchJS, etc)
- You possess demonstrable leadership thinking and expertise with testing methods, strategies, and tools
- You have experience with testing within an Agile development environment
- You have experience in both web and mobile testing
- You demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement of existing processes and tools, as well as documentation of standards and best practices
- You are adept at communicating and collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members
About TELUS Digital:
We’re looking for team members who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Weekly lunches with an unending supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Check out labs.telus.com/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.