UX Designer - Home Solutions
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for TELUS.com, TELUS.com/Business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Digital is seeking a UX Designer to deliver world-class experiences to our customers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of tactical elements of user-centred design. They’ll demonstrate strength with interaction design fundamentals, including information architecture, screen flows, application design, customer journey mapping, and content design.
Create world class digital experiences through:
- Designing wireframes, mockups, and prototypes of user flows, landing and marketing pages
- Using business requirements and research to define user scenarios, IA, and functionality
- Evangelizing processes that promote collaboration, feedback, and training
- Conduct UX research and/or utilizing various research methods to assess the efficacy of user flows and understand our customer needs
- Advocating for accessibility standards and inclusive design principles
Actively solve problems by:
- Breaking design challenges down into viable actionable chunks and solving them with clarity and precision
- Engaging in the lean development life-cycle from discovery to testing, release and maintenance
Working cross-functionally across teams to:
- Craft and maintain documentation and guidance on how and why components, styles, and patterns are applied in code and design
- Expertly present recommendations to team members on functionality, content, and navigation that are considerate of the iterative process
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
Mastery and passion for design
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating the ability to interpret complex requirements and translate them into clear user interfaces
- You have the ability to iterate on design problems and present approaches to the solution
- You’re able to recognize, predict and incorporate a range of use-cases from happy path to edge cases in your designs
- You’re passionate about modern design practices and methodologies, but flexible enough to think outside the box when required.
Expert knowledge of industry best practices and use of tools
- You’re comfortable using Figma, Google Suite, Miro or any other whiteboarding tools
- Well-versed in lean digital product development lifecycles in a highly-collaborative, agile environment
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- You’re able to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- You’re a self-motivated team player who thrives on collaborating with cross functional teams
- You’re an expert with time management and organizational skills and have the flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high quality results
- Identifying key findings and new insights into issues and examining issues from different angles
- Ability to use multiple sources of information to identify if a problem is a design problem or related to larger enterprise / business issues